Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Contributors on this Blog are Lazy

Okay, so I don't like to post twice in a row; I try to let at least one other person on the blog post before I create another post. But, the contributors on this blog appear to be very lazy, and haven't posted in a week now. So now, in order to revive the blog, I'm going to perform the first double post in TBCRH history!

So, what is this post about you might ask? Well, it's about...

FACEBOOK!!!

I could be done with this post in a single statement: "Facebook Sucks", but I'm going to elaborate a bit on exactly why Facebook sucks.

Errors: Even if I'm on for only 5 minutes, I seem to get constant errors; "Oops, sorry we're working on this", "Network Connection Error", "Could not connect to FB Chat", etc... plague this website. I also have problems with pages not loading. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS!? The shear number of problems that I have to do something so simple. Instead of designing new layouts for the site, they should spend their time on getting the site freaking working!!

Spam: Tons of it. Applications spam senseless posts that fill your home page, people make fan pages for EVERYTHING, etc... Also, there seem to be a new string of applications that mimic Facebook photo, wall, etc... that somehow can give users a notification even though they've done anything on Facebook relating to that application. I'll give Facebook a bit of slack that its a bit of the user's fault for not realizing the obviously suspicious nature of having to allow an application to access their profile, but these applications shouldn't be able to access our profiles to give us false notifications in the first place!

Privacy: There are issues here. I can only filter certain content from certain friends, but I can't filter some things (being tagged, notes, etc...). That, and add the fact that businesses can somehow access your profile and use it against you is just plain ridiculous. People are losing their jobs over things that they said on Facebook, which may or may not be deserved. Nothing on Facebook is private.

The Company: This company is the biggest bunch of arrogant snobs that I've ever seen. They've rejected investments from big time companies like Google because they think that they're better than them... Why would you do something like that? On top of that, they accept Microsoft's offer to invest in them. Wow, smart move. Facebook thinks that they can do what Google does better than Google can: bulls%$! Go on Facebook any day, and you will find someone complaining on how they don't like Facebook. I bet you that they will jump as soon as a new (and good) Social Network appears on the online scene.

Mark Zuckerburg (aka Satan) envisions a world where people obtain information primarily through their friends and family: that's a terrible idea. Secondhand information is inaccurate, unreliable, and lacks the depth that you can find in the online world. This is coming from the guy who tries to make an enterprise on user's personal data, tries to shove advertisements into our new feed, etc...


Facebook is fail, and I'm going to most likely quit it soon. I disagree with their idea of the future. Although, 1 good thing has come of Facebook: Failbooking.com. Facebook is terrible.

That's all for now,
ACRONYM of the Blog

2 comments: