Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm pretty new here

Some of you may know me, but as far as all this goes I'm new on the block. I've seen some share in interests amongst all of us: webcomics, physics, anime, etc. Well in case the author at the end of this post does not indicate clearly enough my identity, I am Thurston. Perhaps I must keep in line with the title of this post, "Crazy Random Happenstance." I offer to you a dream I had when I was about 7, and taking karate (Choi Kwan Do if anyone is particularly interested): I go to my backyard because I know there's trouble. Above me I see there is a wire slung from the roof to a tree out in my backyard. In front of me are Barney and his friends trudging towards our house. They seek blood. I know I can beat them. Using the wire, I slide towards Barney himself and drop kick him from the wire. That yellow dinosaur comes from my left, and I easily dispatch him because, frankly, it's really difficult to hurt anyone when one's arms are a mere foot long. That girl dinosaur comes in from the right, and my brother, who doesn't even know karate, removes the threat with a well placed kick to the head. I did not find it odd that he could jump well over twice his height to land a kick to the bloated female skull. My parents watch from the glass sliding doors of the house, obviously pleased that the lessons were paying off.

From here, I basically wake up, knowing I had a dream that I will never forget. I've had a few others, some involving werewolves decapitating friends that I did not have and a hamster that could travel the speed of light, which I utilized for rapid transportation, and perhaps I can post new ones as they come up. This, then, will be my name for the blog: The Sleeping Blogger. This is, to a few, a double entendre, taking into consideration the hours of sleep I log at school.

You all seem to have a well enough basis for material to write about, but I often find there is little worth saying, so you may find my posts far and few between. Perhaps not, if interesting occurrences permeate my life in short enough intervals. I do like watching some anime. In fact I've just recently undertaken Soul Eater, as I believe some of you know rather intimately. I like playing tennis too. If any of you play tennis, tell me. I can never find anyone to play with. In class, I often find myself losing contact with the teacher and the material which I should be learning, especially as my final semester winds down to an end. Well, it should not have devolved as far as it has, but I am not attempting to change my actions. As a result, however, my creative processes find space to maneuver, and I sometimes create little devices that entertain me through the hour and a half that dictates the "learning period." I may post a few of these creations, among some that my friends create, as I see fit. I have probably bored many of you to tears, so I shall stop, leaving you with a line of lyric, which, if you can genuinely identify it, I will be duly impressed: "seven apples on the witch's tree."

3 comments:

  1. I did Choi Kwang Do too. What belt did you end with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got black belt, 2nd degree. I do not remember a single exercise from that class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. That's awesome though. I only went to first degree.

    ReplyDelete