Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And Now For Something Not Entirely Different

Buongiorno! Jaclyn D'Avanzo speaking...er, typing. Unlike Jonathan, I have no official blog title. Feel free to suggest a few if any spring to mind.

I must warn you of four things before I continue 1) I will be referencing Monty Python and sporadically other things 2) I am Italian, but I don't speak it fluently (yet) 3) I write like a British person according to most (long words, odd word order and such), and 4) I am also Irish and a writer, so I can go on talking about not very much for quite a long time.

Now for a bit about me. I am, thus far, the only female writing on this blog. I have a feeling a bit of confusion might come about later if you didn't know that. I have been in marching band for four years and that fact will periodically resurface in my posts I'm sure. I'm a complete band/music geek, and I play the flute, piccolo and sing (soprano, alto and a bit of tenor). Apart from that, I'm interested in most everything - applied and theoretical sciences, art (mostly of the pencil-and-paper variety), writing, anything humorous and, apparently, parenthetical comments. I am constantly reading fantasy books, listening to music or watching various TV shows (Star Trek, M*A*S*H, The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, House and Burn Notice among others, SIDE NOTE: don't expect me to know a large amount of useless facts about any but the 2nd and 3rd of these due to the fact that I have little time to actually watch them). My alternate hobby is arguing with people (when I know what I'm talking about of course). I like confusing people with logic, scientific facts and a varied vocabulary. It’s extremely entertaining.

I live for music. I like most everything from classical to classic rock to jazz to hip hop. There is probably one single song from each genre that I like or would like if I knew about it (but there are always exceptions). Obviously, there are some genres I like a good deal more than others and there are some that I refuse to listen to at all with the exception of that single song I like. This being said, I shall leave you with a few songs to acquaint yourself with. In honor of a blog of randomness: a taste of DR. DEMENTO:
Fish Heads (no specified artist)
Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh - Allan Sherman
Nuttin' For Christmas - Stan Freberg
May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose - Little Jimmy Dickens
They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha (no specified artist, but be sure to look for the Dr. Demento version)

If there's anything else anyone wants to know, I can post that too. As it is, I'm at a loss for what else to say that someone might actually bother to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment