Wednesday, January 27, 2010

'Cute Factor'

Today during robotics, I decided to venture forth and display to our sponsor my efforts to get our team into Lockheed Martin for a plant tour, with maybe some extra awesome stuff thrown in for good measure that I won't talk about now so as not to get up the hopes of any robotics members who may be reading this. ANYway, I told him my plan, he said it was very nice, very fun-sounding, and very improbable, considering that Lockheed has turned us down every other time we've asked. Now, I have some... connections... that I could use to our advantage, but then Aaron (not sure which form he was in, you'd have to ask him) suggested a plan that I think will work much better.

According to him, I have what some refer to as the 'cute factor', that immaterial quality some people have that is seemingly indescribable. The sort of thing that makes Japanese fangirls go 'squeeee!' every time they see it. If you're still not sure what I'm taking about, go to Daily Squee, they will educate you. Anyways, being the logical, rational person that I am, I asked him what he was smoking, as I am about as squee-inducing as a head of freezer-burned cabbage. He proceeded to note that compared to my backpack, I am a chibi, and that chibis ALWAYS have the cute factor. I'm forced to agree with him.

Now folks, maybe you don't know anything about my backpack. My backpack is HUGE. It'll carry three textbooks, five 1-inch binders, five spiral-bound notebooks, a lunchbox, and a clarinet case, and still have room to spare. In that spare room, I hold 8 small European countries (Montenegro's for sale, if anybody wants it), a spare backpack frame (in case the one attached to it now breaks), three or four tactical nukes (y'know, just in case), and the soul of James Doohan.

Anywho, all of this to say, because I apparently have many much more cute factor than our sponsor, I should be the one to try and negotiate the tour. I say we should take a vote on this: if you think I should try and use my 'connections' (five or six Lockheed employees that would probably be willing to help), mark this as 'funny'. If you think Aaron's idea will work better, mark it as 'awesome'. If you just like voting about things for no apparent reason, mark 'makes no sense'... mainly because it doesn't. :P

That's all I got for now.

[insert something witty here],
Tim


On a little side note, I need suggestions for a good signature closer. You know, something like 'Rock on', 'Because I Can', things like that (both of which are good, but already taken). If you have one, put it down as a comment. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. How about "Hasta la vista" or "Th-th-th-tha's all folks!" or "And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story..." or, best of all, "Yeah, Get Some!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, nobody should ever say "get some" because I'm going to think of a particular person in band that yelled that before nearly every set this year. It was not one of the band's most classy catch phrases.

    ReplyDelete